Norwich Theatre Royal evacuated during Strictly Come Dancing stars’ performance
Norwich's Theatre Royal was evacuated last night during a performance from Strictly Come Dancing stars Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe.
Audience and staff were evacuated after an alarm sounded, but on further investigation it was discovered to be false.
Theatre spokesman Judy Foster said: 'Norwich Theatre Royal was briefly evacuated yesterday evening at the start of a performance by Strictly dancers Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe.
'The situation was investigated and found to be a false alarm, and the show was resumed within 10 minutes. Our thanks to our audience for their patience and understanding,'
The false alarm is thought to have been set off by a smoke machine.
You may also want to watch:
The Somewhere in Time tour came to Norwich after performing at the Ipswich Regent Theatre. The pair will be at Bury St. Edmund's Apex Theatre tomorrow.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich