Norwich Theatre Royal evacuated during Strictly Come Dancing stars’ performance
Norwich's Theatre Royal was evacuated last night during a performance from Strictly Come Dancing stars Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe.
Audience and staff were evacuated after an alarm sounded, but on further investigation it was discovered to be false.
Theatre spokesman Judy Foster said: 'Norwich Theatre Royal was briefly evacuated yesterday evening at the start of a performance by Strictly dancers Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe.
'The situation was investigated and found to be a false alarm, and the show was resumed within 10 minutes. Our thanks to our audience for their patience and understanding,'
The false alarm is thought to have been set off by a smoke machine.
You may also want to watch:
The Somewhere in Time tour came to Norwich after performing at the Ipswich Regent Theatre. The pair will be at Bury St. Edmund's Apex Theatre tomorrow.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000