Norwich man dies on Scottish mountain
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich has died on a Scottish mountain.
Terence Rooney, known as Terry, 65, died on Buachaille Etive Mor, Glencoe, in west Scotland on Monday December 23.
Mr Rooney, who was from the Norwich area, was a keen walker and outdoor pursuits enthusiast who often travelled to Scotland.
While enquiries are ongoing, the circumstances surrounding Mr Rooney's death are not thought to be suspicious.
Sergeant Deborah McCartney, from Fort William Police Station, said: "Our thoughts and sympathies are with Mr Rooney's family and we would encourage respect for their privacy at this difficult and sad time.
You may also want to watch:
"Police Scotland would like to thank members of the public and Glencoe Mountain Rescue Team for their assistance."
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk