Norwich taster sessions in windsurfing, netball and kayaking being offered by Broadland District Council
Taster sessions in windsurfing, netball and kayaking are being held in Norwich by Broadland District Council this summer.
The cut-price sessions are being held as a result of a partnership between the council and Sport England's Sportivate programme.
They are aimed at 18 to 25-year-olds and will be held during July, August and early September.
Six young people will be able to try out windsurfing in three two-hour sessions at the Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre. The course normally costs �36, but is available at �10 if booked before Thursday, July 26.
There will also be netball coaching in six one-hour sessions at Thorpe St Andrew High School, again costing just �10 for the whole course, if booked before Monday, July 9.
You may also want to watch:
And six youngsters will be able to sample kayak canoeing for six two-hour sessions at Broadland Paddlesport in Thorpe St Andrew, which would normally cost �67.50, but is available for �15 if booked before Tuesday, June 19.
Each of the courses is open to both young men and young women, and prices increase by �5 if booked after the initial cut off dates.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
Broadland's sports development officer, Maria Alborough, said: 'These sessions are particularly aimed at young people who do not regularly take part in sport and think they would like to try something without going to the expense of having to buy costly equipment.
'Our research shows there's a demand for all three sports on offer and this way people can try them out at a fraction of the cost they would normally be charged for coaching at such excellent facilities.'
For further details, call 01603 430570, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.broadland.gov.uk/sportivate