Norwich street food collective announces its has found a new city centre home
A street food collective which saw its events cancelled because of mess has revealed it has secured a new city centre location.
From May, Feast on the Street, made up of traders from around Norfolk and Suffolk, will appear outside the Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form on Bethel Street.
It comes after The Forum, its previous home, cancelled the events in March, saying that grease and mess left by traders was becoming a problem - something the collective denies.
Tony Lacey, Feast on the Street director, said they were delighted with the move.
'It was a natural location for us, as so many of the staff and pupils are already our customers, so why not take our traders to them,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'Naturally, we will invite all of our regulars and of course those that have yet to experience street food in Norwich to come and join us at Sir Isaac Newton. We won't be there just to feed the college – all are welcome.'
He warned that size restrictions and trading times would mean the monthly event would be smaller than its customers were used to.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
'We decided to take a long hard look at what we had been offering in Norwich and came to the conclusion that our customers preferred us to be there at lunch time with one or two options,' Mr Lacey said.
'Often we found there was just too much choice for people to decide. We will of course change the line up so there is always something different on the menu.'
The group will also form part of this year's Norfolk Food and Drink Festival in June.
The first event at Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form will be held on Wednesday, May 4 from 11.30am to 2.30pm and on the first Wednesday of the month thereafter.
For information, visit www.feastonthestreet.co.uk• Are you pleased with the news? Leave your comments below.