Norwich store makes a special delivery to charity
- Credit: Archant
A supermarket delivery driver made a special delivery to a Norwich charity.
The driver from Sainsbury's Pound Lane, Norwich made the delivery of boxes, containing thousands of plastic carrier bags to Norwich Food Bank.
The bags were previously used for substituted items for online deliveries but are now no-longer used.
Hannah Worsley, Norwich Food Bank project manager said: 'We are always short of carrier bags and need to unload food parcels into bags at our distribution centres around Norwich, so this donation is most useful.
''Norwich Foodbank gives out at least 600 three-day food parcels every month to local people in crisis who have been referred by a care agency.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Food Bank supports local individuals and families who find themselves in crisis through the provision of emergency food supplies. These are emergency food-boxes to cover an individual or family's basic needs for 72 hours.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online