Why a tightrope walker was spotted at Norwich Station
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
There were raised eyebrows at Norwich Station on Thursday morning as a circus performer scaled to new heights.
Wire walker Chris Bullzini gave passengers a taster of what they can expect at the launch of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival on Friday night.
To mark the start of the 17-day event, which celebrates music, art and theatre from the region and across the world, Mr Bullzini will perform a death-defying stunt.
He will go on a 230-metre long journey from Jarrold, across Norwich Market, to the top of the market accompanied by a live soundscape from 9pm.
Called The Journey, Mr Bullzini will use no harness and the performance will celebrate Norwich, its history and its people.
At the "curtain raiser" performance on Thursday, Mr Bullzini walked across a tightrope inside the station to celebrate the relationship between the festival and travel partner Greater Anglia.
READ MORE: Death defying high-wire walk to launch Norfolk & Norwich Festival 2019Jonathan Denby, Head of Corporate Affairs for Greater Anglia said: "Our partnership helps the festival to go from strength to strength, with a fantastic annual celebration which is fun for audiences and the local community, whilst supporting the local economy and building Norfolk and Norwich's reputation."
READ MORE: 15 must-see events at the Norfolk & Norwich Festival 2019There is also a Class 90 locomotive named "Norfolk and Norwich Festival", which powers trains between Norwich and London, promoting the festival through Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and in the capital.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket