Norwich Star Wars club help to raise money for charity at shopping centre
Members of a city Star Wars club have been using the force to help give children in Norwich a Christmas to remember.
With just a few days left until the eagerly anticipated release of Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens in cinemas, costumed characters and droids from the Norwich Star Wars Club UK have been at the Castle Mall shopping centre where they have been raising money for charity.
Richard Walker, president of the club, said they have been raising money to buy Christmas presents for the children at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and youngsters supported by the Mall's chosen charity, The Umbrella Housing Association.
Mr Walker said: 'We're here to raise money for the Castle Mall's charity and children at the Norfolk and Norwich and are hoping to raise at least £1,000.'
People have been donating money to have pictures taken with some of the much-loved characters from the space saga, including Darth Vader, R2D2, Chewbacca and the iconic Stormtroopers.
Mr Walker and other members of the club, which meets at the aptly named New Hope Christian Centre on Martineau Lane in Norwich, will be at the Odeon cinema on Riverside in Norwich from 8pm on Wednesday with the film being released in the UK at 12.01am on Thursday.
To find out more about the club call 01603 461828.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 4 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 9 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 10 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
Have you got an unusual Star Wars story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org