Pension equality group to welcome MP to meeting
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A pension equality group will welcome a Norwich MP to answer questions at their next meeting.
The Norfolk Broads PAIN (Pension Action in Norfolk) group will hold its next event on February 16, at Cinema City in Norwich, between 10.30am and 1pm.
Clive Lewis, Labour MP for Norwich South, will answer questions on pension equality, and former Anglia TV presenter Helen McDermott, who has been affected by the changes to the state pension age, will also attend.
The group, which has more than 170 members, campaigns against the increase in state pension age for women born in the 1950s.
It is claimed across Norfolk as many as 45,000 1950s born women are affected by these pension changes. A judicial review into the changes is due to be heard in June.
To find out more email email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/groups/norfolkbroadsPAIN/
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?