Pension equality group to welcome MP to meeting
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A pension equality group will welcome a Norwich MP to answer questions at their next meeting.
The Norfolk Broads PAIN (Pension Action in Norfolk) group will hold its next event on February 16, at Cinema City in Norwich, between 10.30am and 1pm.
Clive Lewis, Labour MP for Norwich South, will answer questions on pension equality, and former Anglia TV presenter Helen McDermott, who has been affected by the changes to the state pension age, will also attend.
The group, which has more than 170 members, campaigns against the increase in state pension age for women born in the 1950s.
It is claimed across Norfolk as many as 45,000 1950s born women are affected by these pension changes. A judicial review into the changes is due to be heard in June.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more email email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/groups/norfolkbroadsPAIN/
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich