Norwich solicitors firm Rogers and Norton raises over �8,000 for Norfolk’s bereaved children’s charity, Nelson’s Journey
Norwich-based solicitors Rogers and Norton have raised more than �8,000 for bereaved children's charity Nelson's Journey.
The money raised through the hard work of the solicitors produced �6,600, and by participating in the �4� match-funding promotion run by localgiving.com, the firm catapulted the total to �8,000.
Rogers and Norton held several events over the course of the year to raise funds.
A Quiz Night saw 185 guests engage in a battle of wits and a golf day saw 100 golfers take to the fairways of Sprowston Manor.
Local band, Energy, provided the backdrop to a dinner dance, together with a raffle, auction and prize-giving, when more than 100 guests attended a race night at Bawburgh Golf Club, and the year ended on a high note with a successful Christmas Raffle.
You may also want to watch:
This year, on Saturday, June 2, there will be a Grand 30th Anniversary Ball for Rogers and Norton, the proceeds of which will go to Nelson's Journey.
Graham Knights, practice manager for the solicitors firm, said: 'We chose Nelson's Journey as they are local and they carry out life-changing work on little resource and they really touched us.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
'We are extremely grateful to all our clients and contacts that have supported us.'