Norwich shopping malls have high hopes for a bright Christmas
Both shopping malls in Norwich are set to have the 'no room at the inn' signs out this Christmas and have high hopes for busy festive shopping periods.
It has been announced that all 102 retail spaces in Chapelfield Shopping Centre will be occupied this Christmas and management at The Mall Norwich are confident they will follow suit.
Following on from the recent announcements of fashion stores Ark Clothing and H&M Kids and restaurants Yo! Sushi and Ask, Chapelfield ia preparing to announce another 'four or five' retailers which are new to Norwich in the coming weeks.
General manager at Chapelfield, Davina Tanner, said: 'At the moment predictions are that we will be 100pc full. Some of the retailers are still at the legal stage with the contracts so, like when you are buying a house, something could change, but at the moment we are certainly expecting to be at 100pc.
'It's a great position for us to be in and a good example of how Norwich and Norfolk are beginning to be thought of by retailers, as one of the top 10 shopping destinations in the country.
You may also want to watch:
'So we are really looking forward to Christmas and what has probably already been our best year yet, so the fact that we will be at 100pc capacity is great news.'
Likewise, The Mall Norwich is planning to announce three new stores next week, including which retailer will be moving into the vacant top floor of the former Zavvi music store – accessible from Castle Meadow. Hawkin's Bazaar toy shop is moving into the bottom floor.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Alan Day, general manager at The Mall Norwich, said: 'We'll be in the same position as Chapelfield, we've got at least another three to announce soon.
'We'll be full as well at Christmas.
'There are various shops that set up pop-up shops for that time of year, for whatever is in demand, so I'm sure we'll be full.'
Have you got a story for the Evening News? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com