Cyclist in his 20s involved in serious crash with vehicle in Norwich
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A cyclist in his 20s has been injured after a crash with a vehicle in Norwich.
Emergency services were called to the incident on Aylsham Road just before 4pm on Tuesday, April 3.
The road was closed in both directions, with drivers advised to avoid the area and find other routes. It has since reopened.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue service sent crews from Earlham and Sprowston, who made the vehicle and scene safe after the crash, which happened near the Barclays bank and the Glenmore Gardens turning.
The ambulance service sent two ambulances and an ambulance officer.
You may also want to watch:
They said they were treating a male cyclist in his 20s, but the extent of injuries suffered in the incident were not yet known.
First buses tweeted to warn people about the incident. They said drivers were being diverted via Drayton Road, turning right at the roundabout before rejoining Aylsham Road.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel