Learn more about life as a Norwich Samaritan
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
A charity in Norwich which last year answered thousands of calls for help is inviting people to learn more about its work.
Norwich Samaritans will host a volunteering information day at its branch, at 19 St Stephen's Square, at 10am on Saturday, January 5.
The branch has supported people for 54 years, and in 2017 took 46,000 calls for help.
The volunteering day will give those interested in getting involved a chance to learn what life is like as a listening volunteer, the skills you gain and how it can fit around a busy lifestyle.
But there will also be information on other ways to volunteer - including retail, admin, publicity and fundraising.
You may also want to watch:
Samaritans branches across the country respond to more than five million calls for help every year, offering phone, text and face to face support.
You can register your interest at samaritans.org/Norwich or email email@example.com for more details.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants