Norwich’s Owen Bushell sets off on journey across Europe for Norwich Farmshare and Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
It is a long way from Narbonne to Norwich - and 25-year-old Owen Bushell is planning to tackle the distance one pedal at a time.
The Network Rail signalman is leaving today (Friday, May 12) for an epic 1,000-mile-plus cycle from the French Mediterranean coast back to the Fine City to raise money for Norwich Farmshare and the children's charity Barnardo's.
Mr Bushell said he felt excited about the trip, which would take him over the Alps and through Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. He said: 'I will practically be living out of a tent for a month so I've been meticulous in my packing to check I have not forgotten any essentials. I'm really grateful to everyone who has dipped into their pockets and made a donation so far.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge