Norwich’s Owen Bushell sets off on journey across Europe for Norwich Farmshare and Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
It is a long way from Narbonne to Norwich - and 25-year-old Owen Bushell is planning to tackle the distance one pedal at a time.
The Network Rail signalman is leaving today (Friday, May 12) for an epic 1,000-mile-plus cycle from the French Mediterranean coast back to the Fine City to raise money for Norwich Farmshare and the children's charity Barnardo's.
Mr Bushell said he felt excited about the trip, which would take him over the Alps and through Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. He said: 'I will practically be living out of a tent for a month so I've been meticulous in my packing to check I have not forgotten any essentials. I'm really grateful to everyone who has dipped into their pockets and made a donation so far.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region