Norwich’s Owen Bushell sets off on journey across Europe for Norwich Farmshare and Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
It is a long way from Narbonne to Norwich - and 25-year-old Owen Bushell is planning to tackle the distance one pedal at a time.
The Network Rail signalman is leaving today (Friday, May 12) for an epic 1,000-mile-plus cycle from the French Mediterranean coast back to the Fine City to raise money for Norwich Farmshare and the children's charity Barnardo's.
Mr Bushell said he felt excited about the trip, which would take him over the Alps and through Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. He said: 'I will practically be living out of a tent for a month so I've been meticulous in my packing to check I have not forgotten any essentials. I'm really grateful to everyone who has dipped into their pockets and made a donation so far.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140