Norwich’s only professional darts couple are ready for new challenges after cancer scare
- Credit: Archant
Norwich's only professional darts couple are ready to turn all their attention back to the sport after one half of the duo was given the all clear following a cancer battle.
Jason Lovett and Roz Bulmer, who are regarded as two of the top 100 players in the world, are hoping to return to their best after Roz was told by doctors that she had beaten the illness.
Roz was diagnosed 12-months-ago and had to put her darts career on pause.
Jason continued playing but admitted that during that period darts was the last thing on his mind.
'I wanted to take a year out, I was ready to give up and get Roz on the road to recovering,' he said. 'My priority wasn't playing darts. My priority was making sure my girl was okay. All I could think was that she was going to die, simple as that.'
But with Roz's clean bill of health the pair are now ready to get back to the top of their sport. Roz has already won some tournaments this year and both have big plans for the future.
'I would like to walk into a room and know I am gong to play well instantly and be picked for England,' said Roz.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 3 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 4 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
Jason added: 'The World Championships next year. I have still got a chance we have got qualifiers on November 28 and if I play well I can qualify as simple as that.
'I know how good I can be and hopefully she want spoil it this time.'
• To see the full interview watch the Mustard TV video.