Norwich’s new river swim sells out
A new event for Norwich which will see dozens of people swim in the River Wensum has sold out.
The Norwich Six Bridge river swim will be held for the first time on July 8 as part of Norwich's Lord Mayor's celebrations.
Starting from 9am, 90 people will swim one mile under six bridges along the river from New Mills Yard to Cow Tower.
The event has been organised by Active Outdoor Sport.
It is one of three sporting events happening over the Lord Mayor's weekend. The Gas Hill Gasp will see brave cyclists try to become king of the hill as they sprint up to the top of Norwich's steepest hill on July 6.
You may also want to watch:
The traditional Lord Mayor's 5km City Centre Classic road race will return on July 7.
- 1 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich