Norwich’s Maddermarket Theatre to hold open auditions
- Credit: Reflective Arts/Sean Owen
One of Norwich's theatres is putting out an open casting call for new actors in the New Year.
The Maddermarket Theatre, which is currently presenting its Christmas show George's Marvellous Medicine, is planning to hold general auditions that are open to all in January.
The auditions will not be for specific productions but will instead be a chance for people to introduce themselves to the theatre, find out more about acting opportunities available, and to meet the new director of productions, Jez Pike.
Mr Pike, who joined the theatre earlier this month, said they were hoping to hear from people who were perhaps tempted to tread the boards but were not sure where to start, as well as people who have previous acting experience.
He said: 'It seemed a really good time in the New Year to hold open auditions. It's a chance for people to come along and find out what the theatre is about and for people to showcase themselves without the pressure of auditioning for a specific part.'
You may also want to watch:
Each year the theatre presents 12 in-house productions.
Some of the most recent shows in 2016 have included included Alan Bennett's Getting On, Cyrano de Bergerac, Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution, and Alan Ayckbourn's Absurd Person Singular.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
The open auditions for future productions will be taking place at the Maddermarket Theatre over a number of dates in January.
To express an interest in attending an audition, contact Mr Pike by emailing email@example.com
For more about the Maddermarket Theatre and its shows, and to book tickets, visit www.maddermarket.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 620917.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org