Norwich Food and Drink Festival 2017 returns to celebrate all things tasty across the city centre
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people are expected in the centre of Norwich on Father's Day to enjoy a taste of Norfolk.
The Norwich Food and Drink Festival, now in its 13th year, is back on June 18 with perennial family favourites including the Battle of the Bangers, in which the public can sample 10 of the county's best sausages and vote for their favourite bites.
Brewer Adnams will also be creating a beer garden in the amphitheatre outside The Forum, Bethel Street will host a producers' street market and there will be a cookery demonstration theatre, featuring former Great British Bake-Off contestant Kate Barmby, from Brooke.
Organiser Norfolk Food and Drink Ltd has also planned fun and engaging activities for families as well as live music for the free-to-attend festival, which last year attracted more than 5,000 visitors.
There will be some road closures as the festival, which will be opened officially by the Lord Mayor of Norwich Cllr David Fullman, expands from The Forum into Bethel Street and St Peter's Street.
You may also want to watch:
As well as headline event sponsor Cozens-Hardy Solicitors, Norfolk Food & Drink is also working in partnership with the Norwich Business Improvement District (BID) to encourage food and drink businesses in Norwich to take part in the event, so the festival can celebrate food and drink across the whole of the city centre.
Stefan Gurney, executive director of the BID said: 'The festival is a key event in the Norwich calendar. The city has a fantastic food and drink offer and we can't wait to see the vibrant one day event transform the city on June 18.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 7 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
Sarah de Chair, Chairman of Norfolk Food & Drink, added: 'The Norwich Food and Drink Festival is one of our own flagship events and we would like to thank everyone involved.
'It is thanks to the amazing support of our sponsors and those companies that give of their services so generously, that we are able to host an event of this size.'
The Norwich Food and Drink Festival takes place around The Forum on June 18, from 10am-5pm. Visit www.norfolkfoodanddrink.com