Norwich’s Brickmakers pub gets ready to celebrate ninth birthday with a party
The Brickmakers pub, in Sprowston Road, Norwich, is celebrating its management's ninth anniversary since taking charge on Saturday.
The birthday bash will feature rock music and a surprise band and there will be no entry charge.
Licensees, mother and daughter Pam and Charley South, and Emma Teasdale are looking forward to a night of musical celebration, from 9pm.
Pam said: 'It's our way of saying thank you to all our customers for their support.'
Charley continued: 'I still can't believe we've been here nine years. It still feels like yesterday that I stood behind that bar for the first time not knowing how to pull a pint, I think I've nearly got it now.
You may also want to watch:
'Seriously though, these days it's very hard for pubs to get through the week, we wouldn't be here without our customers and the awesome bands that play our stage.
'We urge them all to come and celebrate with us – we're heading into our 10th year so 'cheers' and here's to the next rockin' decade!'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich