Norwich’s Bella Italia restaurant applies for outdoor seating on city centre street
- Credit: Archant
Bella Italia restaurant on Red Lion Street has submitted a bid for outdoor seating to Norwich City Council for six tables on the pathway.
The Italian chain have applied to the council for six tables and 12 chairs between 8am and 10pm on Monday to Sunday.
A copy of the plan showing the proposed location can be viewed at City Hall.
Residents and local businesses have until November 18 to submit any objections to the plans.
The controversial plans have raised concerns as it is next to the 25/26 bus stop which is a popular bus service that runs between the city and UEA.
You may also want to watch:
One bus driver said 'This is already a busy area, with the busy bus stop with queues often as far back as Bella Italia.
'It will cause an obstruction to the pathway making it difficult for passing pedestrians.'
The bid comes just three months after outdoor seating plans were rejected for popular American burger chain Five Guys on the same street.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
In outlining their rejection to the fast food restaurant's bid the Norwich Society said: 'There is no room on this busy pavement for outdoor seating.'
You can send your comments by writing addressed to: The Head of Citywide Services, Licensing Department, City Hall, Norwich, NR2 1NH by November 18.
Bella Italia has been reached for comment.
What are your thoughts on the proposals? Let us know in the comments.