Norwich RSPCA charity offers micro-chipping appointments
An animal charity is now offering low cost micro-chipping by appointment.
The RSPCA Norwich and Mid-Norfolk is now able to micro-chip animals through the week at the low cost of �10. The charity, which holds four low cost micro-chipping events in the community each year, is now able to offer this service by appointment.
Animal care assistant Katie Surman said: 'It really is the best present you could get your pet this Christmas.
'Micro-chipping vastly increases the chances of a lost pet being re-united with their owner and now the branch can offer a micro-chipping service through the week.'
The micro-chip is a small device – about the size of a grain of rice – which is inserted into the flesh between the animal's shoulder blades. This chip, when scanned, brings up a unique code which is then traced back to the animal's owner, so that they can be contacted.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment to have pets micro-chipped, please call The PAWS Centre, in Barrack Street, Norwich, on 01603 766001, which is open Tuesdays to Sundays, 11am to 4pm. Also check the website www.rspcanorwich.org.uk for the low cost micro-chipping events for 2012.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old