Norwich Road in Mattishall blocked after van goes in to grass bank
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Emergency services were called to a crash between a van and a mini bus on Norwich Road in Mattishall around 9am this morning.
The road near the New Lane junction is blocked still but is expected to open in the next half an hour.
Fire crews from Dereham and Earlham were called to the scene where they rescued people trapped in what police have described as 'a silver panelled van'.
That vehicle is thought to have gone in to the bank and is now on its side awaiting recovery.
There were four casualties from that vehicle, and none reported from the mini bus.
You may also want to watch:
Two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle attended but there are no major injuries.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion