Norwich road closed for two days for resurfacing works
- Credit: Google
A section of Silver Road in Norwich will be closed for two days to allow for council resurfacing work.
Silver Road will be closed from a point 40m south of Mousehold Avenue junction to just south of St Olaves junction from 7am on Thursday, April 8 for two days.
The closure will also extend to the junctions of Mousehold Avenue, Beaconsfield Road and Knowsley Road - approximately 40m from the Silver Road give way lines.
Parking will be prohibited on the sections of the road where the work is taking place, but access to businesses and homes will be maintained at all times.
Due to the nature of the works Norfolk County Council is warning that some disruption is inevitable, however special signs will indicate that businesses are open as usual and a fully-signed diversion route will be in place during the works.
The council says it is carrying out work during the Easter Holidays to minimise some of this disruption.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed