Norwich revealed as one of the UK’s top 20 bargain-hunting cities
- Credit: Pexels/Negative Space
Norwich has been ranked the 16th thriftiest city in the UK based on the percentage of people who regularly search online for the latest discounts and deals.
The research, conducted by shopping website Net Voucher Codes, revealed one in nine people (11.31pc) in Norwich are frugal online shoppers.
Norwich was ranked above Sheffield, Edinburgh, Northampton and Southampton and was the only city in East Anglia to make the thrift list.
Top of the shoppers was Cardiff with a bargain busting 17.26pc, closely followed by Newcastle at 16.23pc and Nottingham at 15.68pc.
A spokesperson for Net Voucher Codes said: 'We wanted to look into which cities had the highest percentages of thrifty shoppers, and to see if any patterns emerged.
You may also want to watch:
'The top 20 cities give quite an even representation of the whole of the UK, which just goes to show that being thrifty with our shopping habits and always trying to seek out the best bargain is something all Brits are doing right now. '
In September 2016, Great Yarmouth blogger and coupon queen Holly Smith won the Best Thrifty Blog Category in the Mum and Dad Blog Awards.Holly's Frugal Blog is 'a guide to frugal living and extreme couponing.'
What are your money saving tips? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022