Is this Norwich restaurant the most romantic place to eat in the UK?
- Credit: andy newman
A Norwich restaurant has been picked as one of the top 10 most romantic places to eat in the UK.
Roger Hickman's on Upper St Giles Street was selected by Holiday Lettings, part of the TripAdvisor Media Group, as one of the 10 most romantic restaurants in the country.
It is the only Norfolk establishment to make the list. Other notable eateries featured include The Galleria Restaurant in Cambridge and Green Park Brasserie in Bath.
Holiday Lettings described Roger Hickman's as 'cosy and comfortable'.
They said: 'Housed in a listed building in the heart of historic Norwich, this restaurant is cosy and comfortable, with romantic tables for two tucked into hidden corners, plus leather banquettes, and original artworks on the walls.
'Roger Hickman's Restaurant is Norwich's fine dining destination, holding a prestigious 3 Rosette Award and a Notable Wine List award, both from the AA.'
Roger Hickman commented: 'We are delighted to be picked as one of the top ten romantic restaurants in Britain. It's a real boost for Norwich as well, which has a growing national reputation as a city for that romantic break.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 5 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 6 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 7 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
'We really hope that people who think we should win the top spot will vote for us in the poll – with Valentine's day coming up, it would be a real boost for local, independent restaurants in Norwich as a whole.'
Norwich foodies who have already fallen in love with the restaurant can vote for it to be crowned the most romantic dining spot in the UK by visiting blog.holidaylettings.co.uk/best-uk-romantic-restaurants/Voting is open until midnight on Tuesday, February 13.