Is this Norwich restaurant the most romantic place to eat in the UK?
- Credit: andy newman
A Norwich restaurant has been picked as one of the top 10 most romantic places to eat in the UK.
Roger Hickman's on Upper St Giles Street was selected by Holiday Lettings, part of the TripAdvisor Media Group, as one of the 10 most romantic restaurants in the country.
It is the only Norfolk establishment to make the list. Other notable eateries featured include The Galleria Restaurant in Cambridge and Green Park Brasserie in Bath.
Holiday Lettings described Roger Hickman's as 'cosy and comfortable'.
They said: 'Housed in a listed building in the heart of historic Norwich, this restaurant is cosy and comfortable, with romantic tables for two tucked into hidden corners, plus leather banquettes, and original artworks on the walls.
You may also want to watch:
'Roger Hickman's Restaurant is Norwich's fine dining destination, holding a prestigious 3 Rosette Award and a Notable Wine List award, both from the AA.'
Roger Hickman commented: 'We are delighted to be picked as one of the top ten romantic restaurants in Britain. It's a real boost for Norwich as well, which has a growing national reputation as a city for that romantic break.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 10 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
'We really hope that people who think we should win the top spot will vote for us in the poll – with Valentine's day coming up, it would be a real boost for local, independent restaurants in Norwich as a whole.'
Norwich foodies who have already fallen in love with the restaurant can vote for it to be crowned the most romantic dining spot in the UK by visiting blog.holidaylettings.co.uk/best-uk-romantic-restaurants/Voting is open until midnight on Tuesday, February 13.