Norwich pubs get nods in Great British Pub Awards
They are the best in East Anglia in their individual categories and now three celebrated Norwich pubs are up for the national prizes at the Great British Pub Awards.
The awards, now in their ninth year and organised by pub industry magazine, the Publican's Morning Advertiser, are recognised as the Oscars of the pub world, and attract hundreds of entries from pubs across the UK.
The Brickmakers in Sprowston Road has been named the region's best Live Music and Entertainment pub, and is hoping to collect the national title again after winning it last year, four years after first picking up the award. The Murderers in Timberhill has been named the best in the region in both the Best Cask Ale Pub and Best Sports Pub categories, while the Lamb Inn in Orford Place has the Best Smoking Area in the region.
The Murderers last year came second in the 'Best Sports Pub' category and landlord Phil Cutter said: 'Its a bumper day for Norwich's pubs, and now we hoping to go one better than last year in the Best Sports Pub category.'
This year's awards will be presented by Jason Manford and the winners will be announced at the Hilton in Park Lane, London on Thursday, September 13.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
See this week's Evening News Pub of the Week – the Eagle in Newmarket Road – on page 60.