Popular Norwich pub changes its name to celebrate World Cup and royal wedding
- Credit: archant
A Norwich pub has changed its name for the summer.
The Gardeners Arms, also known as The Murderers, has changed its name to The Harry in celebration of the royal wedding on May 19 and the 2018 Russia World Cup.
New signs have been put up outside the Timberhill venue featuring Prince Harry and England striker Harry Kane, with World Cup themed artwork painted on the windows.
The pub's landlord, Phill Cutter, said: '2018 is a big year, there's lots going on and we thought it would be nice to celebrate a few of these events by changing the pub's name, it's a nice way to keep things fresh.
'Our sign is quite iconic, lots of people take pictures of it, but since the new sign went up, I'd say I've seen at least 100 people stopping outside to take photos. The images really stand out.'
You may also want to watch:
He added that the new name would be in place at least until the end of the World Cup.
'Hopefully England will make it to the semi-finals, it would be nice to see it through,' said Mr Cutter
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
• What do you think of the name change? Let us know in the comments below.