Norwich pub offering free gin in return for cake
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich pub is offering free gin for anyone who brings in cake.
The Shoe Makers, Hall Road, a Hungry Horse pub, is offering a gin and tonic in celebration of introducing dessert inspired gin liqueurs by Mrs Cuthbert's.
Punters have to bring in a slice of cake, Victoria sponge, cupcakes or cake bars to the pub on Wednesday, November 14 to claim a drink.
The gins come in a variety of flavours including British Victoria sponge, blueberry muffin, rhubarb and custard crumble and passionfruit pavlova.
Wayne McKay, general manager at the Shoe Makers, said: 'The trend for flavoured gins is huge at the moment, and what better way to enjoy iconic British flavours than with a free glass of dessert-inspired gin and tonic.
You may also want to watch:
'Mrs Cuthbert's dessert-infused gin liqueurs are inspired by 1940s home-baking, with fun and nostalgic flavours.'
There is one drink permitted per person, as the offer is only available while stocks last.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area