Norwich prepares for a quacking day out ahead of the Grand Norwich Duck Race
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Businesses, community groups and families will be getting their ducks in a row as they select potential champions for this year's Grand Norwich Duck Race.
The annual event - now in its fourth year - will see decorated ducks race to from St George's bridge to Fye bridge on August 2 in the hopes of winning the prestigious Duck Trophy.
The event is organised and run by Break, a charity which supports vulnerable young people.
A spokesperson for Break said: 'We are delighted that so many companies are as excited as we are about the fourth Grand Norwich Duck Race.
'We couldn't do this without the support of The Ribs of Beef and The Canoe Man and we are really looking forward to some quacking duck racing.'
You may also want to watch:
Companies can sponsor and decorate a corporate duck for £100, while individuals can sponsor a smaller duck for £2.
Events begin at 2pm with cake, food stalls and music by the water.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The corporate race will take place at 3pm, with the individual race at 4pm.
• For information visit www.justgiving.com/grandnorwichduckrace14