Norwich photographer notches up awards hat-trick, Julia Holland from Thorpe Marriot
A photographer from Thorpe Marriott is celebrating a hat-trick of successes.
Julia Holland has won the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers Glamour and Beauty Photographer of the Year.
She owns all-about-image photography in Taverham, shooting portraits, weddings, events and corporate photography.
The 49 year-old, from Jordan Close, also received an Award of Excellence in October for reaching the final in the David Mathias Portrait category in the 2011 Master Photography Awards, run by the Master Photographers Association (MPA). And in August, Mrs Holland was awarded associate membership in portrait photography by the MPA. Candidates must attend an assessment and submit a panel of 20 images.
Mrs Holland said: 'I am thrilled to have had such a great year of achievement. I am always striving to improve my skills and imagery, so receiving recognition within the industry has made all of the hard work worthwhile.'
Mrs Holland is originally from Norwich and studied art at Great Yarmouth College of Art and Design, before gaining a degree in Fine Art at Canterbury College of Art.
She is one of only three photographers in Norfolk to hold the associate level of membership.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
She is the official photographer for local charity Keeping Abreast, and was responsible for the Calendar Girls film style calendar in 2010. She is also the official photographer for Miss Universe Norfolk, and will be covering the final on January 29 at Dunston Hall Hotel.
Have you won an award? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.