Norwich pancake race gives a flippin’ good boost to children’s charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Teams of pancake flippers raced around a course at the Forum in Norwich to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
The Flip It for EACH event saw twelve corporate teams compete for prizes while tossing pancakes made by trainee chefs from City College Norwich, who also took part in the race.
It is anticipated more than £1,000 was raised for the charity, which supports families and provides care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
Celebrity chefs Richard Bainbridge and Richard Hughes backed the event and watched the action.
Sophie Mayes, a corporate fundraiser for EACH, said the money would go toward two important causes. She said: 'About half of the money will go toward providing the care and support we deliver day in and day out and the other half will go toward the nook appeal, which aims to raise money for a new hospice.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries