Norwich office staff to run city marathon to help children with life-threatening diseases
Office staff at an outdoor activity company based in Norwich have taken up running to help grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.
Nine staff at Kingswood Outdoor Education and Activity Centres and Camp Beaumont are taking part in the Norwich Half Marathon on Sunday to raise funds for Round Table Children's Wish and the Addenbrooke's Liver Transplant Association.
Other staff have also been fundraising for the charities through cake sales and raffles.
Organiser Freddie Powell-Tuck said: 'All our activities are geared towards giving children an educational and fun experience so it seemed very fitting that we should fundraise to help create a special experience for poorly children.'
The team hopes to raise more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Powell-Tuck will be joined on the run on by head office colleagues Andrew Bush, Josh Ratcliffe, Kylie Frost, Matt Caesar, Raphael Sanelli and Stacey Moffitt. Lucy Martin and Neil Lee of the Overstrand Hall Kingswood Centre in Norfolk will also be taking part.
To sponsor the team visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/Kingswood
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners