Norwich named one of the top 10 cities in the world for tattoos
- Credit: Archant
If you're looking to get inked, look no further than Norwich, which has just been named the fourth best place in the world to get a tattoo.
A study that examined global trends across 100 cities has found that Norwich is one of the top ten places in the world to go to for a tattoo.
The research, conducted by e-commerce company Yeay, compared a range of different factors, including the cost of a tattoo and how convenient it is to get one, then ranked cities accordingly in order of their accessibility.
Norwich came in fourth, with Cape Town in South Africa taking the top spot, Miami Beach in the USA in second and Panaji in India in third.
A total of nine UK cities made it into the top 100, with Sheffield missing out on the top ten, placing at number 15, Bradford at number 19 and Birmingham just behind at 20.
You may also want to watch:
Both Bradford and Birmingham were found to be fairly cheap for tattoos, with their average cost per hour being £40, compared to £54 in Norwich.
Bristol, Liverpool, Glasgow, Aberdeen and London also appeared on the list.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
Local tattooists such as Gee Segev, Manager of Enter the Void Tattoo and Piercing Studio on Orford Street, weren't surprised by Norwich's results.
He said: 'I've been working in the tattoo and piercing industry in Norwich since 2001. Back then there were only three tattoo parlours across the whole of the city and because of demand, we were working non-stop every day. Now there are more than 40 studios in Norwich as business is really booming.'
This is the latest in a string of accolades for the city, which over the last few years has also been named one of the most entertaining cities in the UK, one of the happiest cities to work in and the best place for children to grow up.
• What do you think of the news? Let us know in the comments below.