Norwich named 8th most entertaining city in the UK
- Credit: Archant
It's no secret that Norwich is a fine place to be, so it should come as no surprise that the city has ranked within the top ten most entertaining cities in the country.
A study of the UK's 40 most-visited tourist destinations has revealed that Norwich is the eighth most entertaining city to live in.
The research, which was carried out by gaming site MrGamez.com, used criteria such as cinemas, bars and restaurants, theatres, gigs, TripAdvisor things to do and happiness to determine which cities were the best.
According to the findings, Norwich's highest scoring attribute is its various bars and restaurants, and with great new places opening all the time, such as Five Guys and Cupcakes and Bubbles, it's not very hard to see why.
Oxford took the top spot with the best score in theatre, followed by Inverness in second place and Brighton/Hove coming in 10th position.
You may also want to watch:
Despite all its obvious entertainment offerings, London was ranked 24th and Luton was at the bottom of the list in 40th position.
• Do you agree with the findings? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 10 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon