Day of children’s activities raises cash for charity set up in memory of Finnbar
- Credit: Laura Francis
A free day of children's activities in Norwich city centre has helped raise money for a brain tumour charity.
Norwich Mumbler Big Day in the City, which was held in Castle Gardens on Sunday, raised £540 for the children's charity Finnbar's Force.
The event, run by Norwich Mumbler, an online parenting community, was sponsored by Castle Mall and Cozens-Hardy Solicitors.
There were class tasters for children to take part in throughout the day in a special marquee in the gardens and activities for children to do on each stand.
Businesses that participated included Norfolk Library Service, High Altitude Trampoline Park, Baby Sensory, Glo Popkidz, UEA Developmental Dynamics Laboratory and Crazy Skins face painting.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are already in place for next year's Big Day.
Finnbar's Force was founded in memory of Finnbar Cork, who died from a brain tumour aged five in 2016.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer