Norwich mum is nominated for two awards for her online diary
A mother from Norwich has been nominated for two separate awards for her parenting online diary 'I Want My Mummy'.
Clara Wilson, 26, pictured, who lives in central Norwich, was taken by surprise when she discovered she was up for two 2012 MAD (Mum and Dad) Blog Awards. Readers across the country have nominated her for Best New Blog and Most Inspirational Blog.
In each category she is one of just five finalists to have been hand-picked out of more than 3,000 other diary hopefuls.
Clara's inspiration stems from her 16-month-old daughter Sophie, nicknamed 'Beans'. She is described in the blog as 'possibly the cheekiest girl on the planet'.
Clara said: 'I started writing a blog after the birth of my first child and it's grown from there. My blog has allowed me to talk openly about my battles with post-natal depression, along with the joy and tears that come with first time parenting.'
You may also want to watch:
Clara hopes to end the stigma she believes surrounds post-natal depression with her writing, by enforcing the message 'You are not alone' to new mothers.
Clara's blog offers a range of content, including creative photography, poetical conversations, and her ongoing battle with PND.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
Sally Whittle, who founded the MAD Blog Awards, said the judges were thrilled with the quality of the blogs nominated this year.'
If you want to vote, visit www.the-mads.com/the-awards. Voting for finalists closes on June 6. Clara's blog 'I Want My Mummy' can be found online at http://www.iwantmymummy.co.uk