Norwich MP Chloe Smith announces birth of daughter
- Credit: UK Parliament
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith has announced the birth of her second child.
The Conservative MP posted on Twitter that her baby daughter Rosamund was born on Sunday - a sister for her son Alastair.
She had started her maternity leave last week, with the baby expected in May.
Ms Smith had said she would be taking about six months of maternity leave, with her husband Sandy then taking a further six months under shared parental leave.
Her constituents can still get help through her constituency office on 01603 414756 or email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Her Conservative colleague Elizabeth Truss MP, who represents South West Norfolk, will also be able to raise specific urgent matters in Westminster.
And Ms Smith said she intends to use proxy voting to ask colleagues to vote on her behalf on 'the most important votes'.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close