Norwich model shop opens a day late
David BaleThe grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.David Bale
The grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.
National chain Modelzone has moved into the former model store Keller's Model Marque in Cattle Market Street, and after getting the shop ready since last weekend, planned to open yesterday. But staff arrived in the morning only to find that the front window was smashed in after a motorist had ploughed into the building the previous night, and had then left the scene.
However, manager Alan Powley, said the shop was able to open today.
Police said the car smashed into the front of the shop, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday, June 9.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, believed to be a Ford Escort, left the scene and further enquiries are being made to locate the driver, police said.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000