Norwich M&S sells out of Southgate’s waistcoat ahead of ‘Waistcoat Wednesday’
- Credit: PA
Marks and Spencers in Norwich have sold out of official England waistcoats, ties, and pocket squares, ahead of Waistcoat Wednesday.
The Norwich store had a 'handful' of Gareth Southgate's now iconic navy waistcoats, which sold out in a matter of days.
The now online exclusive item has also sold out in every size, apart from an XXL.
Marks and Spencers are the retailers of the offical England Team suit for the Russian World Cup.
The classic red, navy and white striped tie worn by the England manager throughout the tournament has also sold out completely, with only pink and lighter blue variations remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The pocket squares in the same pattern have also sold out, and it is not yet known when the Norfolk store will be getting more stock.
A spokesman for the Norwich store said: 'We've had a very good customer response to our England Team suit, tie and pocket square.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
'We don't have the full range of waistcoats here and sell most of them online, but the few we did have sold very quickly.'
Other suit retailers around Norwich have said although Southgate has brought more attention to the waistcoat trend, the piece has been popular anyway over the last few years.
A spokesman for Slaters in Norwich said: 'Waistcoats have been popular for the last few years, but we have seen more people buying the navy waistcoats with a blue shirt, and a red and navy striped tie.'
The spokesman added: 'We get a lot of customers who want to have a more casual look, like Gareth Southgate has. So for their wedding they want to wear a waistcoat and trousers as opposed to a whole suit, as it's a more casual look.'