Norwich travel agent to star alongside Alexandra Burke after losing 47lbs
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent from Norwich who lost 47lbs after seeing a photo of himself on a work trip is to star alongside X Factor winner Alexandra Burke in a new campaign.
Tom Cloherty, 33, who moved to the city to open a branch of ITC Travel Group, will star in the a new campaign for SlimFast after losing nearly three and a half stone.
The campaign will feature Mr Cloherty and five other slimmers dancing alongside the West End star to a routine choreographed by Strictly Come Dancing professional Neil Jones.
'At first, it sounded quite intimidating,' said Mr Cloherty. 'But the whole day was so much fun and Alex was absolutely lovely.'
He now hopes he can inspire other people to lose weight through the campaign.
'It was a photo of myself taken on an overseas work trip at the end of last year that motivated me to lose weight and I feel really proud that I might now inspire others to get fit and healthy too,' he added.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof