Norwich travel agent to star alongside Alexandra Burke after losing 47lbs
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent from Norwich who lost 47lbs after seeing a photo of himself on a work trip is to star alongside X Factor winner Alexandra Burke in a new campaign.
Tom Cloherty, 33, who moved to the city to open a branch of ITC Travel Group, will star in the a new campaign for SlimFast after losing nearly three and a half stone.
The campaign will feature Mr Cloherty and five other slimmers dancing alongside the West End star to a routine choreographed by Strictly Come Dancing professional Neil Jones.
'At first, it sounded quite intimidating,' said Mr Cloherty. 'But the whole day was so much fun and Alex was absolutely lovely.'
He now hopes he can inspire other people to lose weight through the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a photo of myself taken on an overseas work trip at the end of last year that motivated me to lose weight and I feel really proud that I might now inspire others to get fit and healthy too,' he added.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries