Full train service to resume between Norwich and London after days of disruption
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A full train service between Norwich and London will resume next week after days of disruption.
Two platforms at London Liverpool Street were closed this week following the discovery of a crack in a piece of track.
A number of trains have been cancelled every day since the track fault was found and others have been amended.
Engineers are set to install a new specialist piece of track overnight this weekend as the crack is too big to repair.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia managing director, said: 'I'd like to thank our customers for their patience this week.
You may also want to watch:
'We have been trying hard to make sure that all customers have been able to get to their destination by train, but we're sorry that trains were fuller than usual and that there were some delays and cancellations.'
Saturday services will run as scheduled but there may be some changes to morning services on Sunday.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer