Full train service to resume between Norwich and London after days of disruption
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A full train service between Norwich and London will resume next week after days of disruption.
Two platforms at London Liverpool Street were closed this week following the discovery of a crack in a piece of track.
A number of trains have been cancelled every day since the track fault was found and others have been amended.
Engineers are set to install a new specialist piece of track overnight this weekend as the crack is too big to repair.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia managing director, said: 'I'd like to thank our customers for their patience this week.
'We have been trying hard to make sure that all customers have been able to get to their destination by train, but we're sorry that trains were fuller than usual and that there were some delays and cancellations.'
Saturday services will run as scheduled but there may be some changes to morning services on Sunday.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages