Whoops! Library accidentally reveals a secret
- Credit: Hannah Hutchins/National Centre
Norfolk's biggest library has accidentally revealed the latest chapter in its success story - it is the best in Britain.
Norwich Millennium Library issued 950,384 books last year, more than any other library in the country, according to statistics from the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
It is also the 6th most visited library in the country.
The figures were to be released in due course, but the library accidentally shared the results early on Facebook.
The post has since been removed.
You may also want to watch:
It is not the first time the library has scooped top spot when it comes to issued books.
In the post the library wrote: "We're thrilled to announce Norwich Millennium Library has again scooped the top position for the most issues over the year in UK libraries.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
"We'd like to say a huge thank-you to everyone who borrows books, films and music and for everyone who participates in our many events and makes the library the amazing community hub that it is."