Norwich knitters receive donation from their local supermarket
- Credit: Linda Andrews
Members of a knitting group in Norwich are celebrating after receiving a donation from their local supermarket.
The Wherry Court Knitters of Thorpe St Andrew have received a £100 donation from their local Sainsbury's after applying for a community grant.
The groups coordinator, Joy Dearn contacted the store, on Pound Lane, and explained the work they do as part of the charity Norfolk Knitters and Stitches.
The group meets every Tuesday afternoon using wool that is supplied by Knitters and Stitchers who are based at The Wool Loft in the Christ Church Centre in Norwich.
More than 4000 pieces have been handmade for the charity which distributes them to multiple causes across the county.
You may also want to watch:
Half of the £100 donation has been given to Knitters and Stitches to help with their running costs, with the remaining money spent on wool and equipment for the group.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van