Norwich knitters receive donation from their local supermarket
- Credit: Linda Andrews
Members of a knitting group in Norwich are celebrating after receiving a donation from their local supermarket.
The Wherry Court Knitters of Thorpe St Andrew have received a £100 donation from their local Sainsbury's after applying for a community grant.
The groups coordinator, Joy Dearn contacted the store, on Pound Lane, and explained the work they do as part of the charity Norfolk Knitters and Stitches.
The group meets every Tuesday afternoon using wool that is supplied by Knitters and Stitchers who are based at The Wool Loft in the Christ Church Centre in Norwich.
More than 4000 pieces have been handmade for the charity which distributes them to multiple causes across the county.
Half of the £100 donation has been given to Knitters and Stitches to help with their running costs, with the remaining money spent on wool and equipment for the group.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'