‘The Colonel is working on it’ - Chicken shortage at KFC branches across Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Fried chicken fans will have to be quick if they want to get their fix in Norwich today.
Branches of KFC across the city are currently experiencing a chicken shortage.
The fast food business has attributed this to 'teething problems' with a new delivery partner.
A spokesman for KFC said: 'We've brought a new delivery partner on board, but they've had a couple of teething problems - getting fresh chicken out to 900 restaurants is pretty complex.
'We won't compromise on quality, so several of our restaurants in the UK are either close, have a reduced menu or shortened hours over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to thank our incredible restaurant teams, who are working flat out all hours to get us back up and running again.'
Norwich has four branches of KFC, located at Sprowston Retail Park, Milecross Lane, Longwater and intu Chapelfield.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
Staff at Milecross Lane said the restaurant had limited amounts of chicken left, but would remain open until they ran out of everything.
They said: 'We literally only have what we have right now and we're not sure when we'll have more. Today we'll stay open until all the chicken is gone and then until the fries are gone as well.'
Sprowston, Longwater and intu Chapelfield restaurants are also currently operating in a similar manner.