Norwich jazz musician crowdfunds over £5000 for debut album
- Credit: Carl Hyde
Norwich jazz musician has hit his crowdfunding target to produce his first album, to the tune of £5,333.
Freddie Gavita, 31, from Thorpe St Andrew, set up a Kickstarter page on Dec 10 with a target of £5000, and with 145 backers and 2 days to go the donations are still coming in.
He said: 'I couldn't believe it, you never really know whether people like your music and just to know that many people have helped make it happen is really encouraging.
'I am enormously grateful to those who have donated and been a part of my life, especially people from my school. It's overwhelming to know that many people support you.'
The former Norwich School pupil is already working on his debut album having spent 12 hours in one day recording and mixing with his band. A photoshoot for the album is taking place next week and a tour planned for later this year.
You may also want to watch:
The album will include a collection of music written by Mr Gavita over the last 10 years. He described his music as contemporary and melodic which will draw on different experiences of his life.
The professional trumpeter, who now lives in London, performed with the Norwich Students Jazz Orchestra for seven years and also appeared in an episode of Downtown Abbey in 2013.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand