Norwich jazz musician crowdfunds over £5000 for debut album
- Credit: Carl Hyde
Norwich jazz musician has hit his crowdfunding target to produce his first album, to the tune of £5,333.
Freddie Gavita, 31, from Thorpe St Andrew, set up a Kickstarter page on Dec 10 with a target of £5000, and with 145 backers and 2 days to go the donations are still coming in.
He said: 'I couldn't believe it, you never really know whether people like your music and just to know that many people have helped make it happen is really encouraging.
'I am enormously grateful to those who have donated and been a part of my life, especially people from my school. It's overwhelming to know that many people support you.'
The former Norwich School pupil is already working on his debut album having spent 12 hours in one day recording and mixing with his band. A photoshoot for the album is taking place next week and a tour planned for later this year.
The album will include a collection of music written by Mr Gavita over the last 10 years. He described his music as contemporary and melodic which will draw on different experiences of his life.
The professional trumpeter, who now lives in London, performed with the Norwich Students Jazz Orchestra for seven years and also appeared in an episode of Downtown Abbey in 2013.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out