Norwich Ice Rink to open with skating show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Plans are in place to make the opening show to this year's Norwich Ice Rink a skating spectacular.
Six performances will grace the rink, which this year is sponsored by the Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime at the Norwich Theatre Royal.
The show at 11am on Saturday December 17 is free to attend, thanks to the special viewing gallery beside the ice.
Figure skater and skate marshall for the Norwich Ice Rink, Coralie Steadman, is delighted to get back on the ice.
She said: 'I'm so excited to be skating again this year, I started choreographing a few days ago, as there's a lot of hype this year!
You may also want to watch:
'We don't have much of a skating community in Norwich, so a lot of the audience members don't know much about the sport. This is a great way for them to see the sport's potential.'
With group synchronised performances, duos, and solos, all skating to classic Christmas songs from Kylie to Michael Bublé, there's plenty on offer for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online
- 10 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
'Last year's opening performance was brilliant,' Miss Steadman continued.
'There was a good sized audience and they were all really excited by what we were doing.
'I think it's lovely because it really gets people in the festive spirit, especially as we're all dancing to Christmas music.
'I hope that plenty of people come along to the show, and we can inspire them to get on the ice and have a skate.'
Tickets are selling fast for this year's rink at the Castle Mall Gardens.
To book your place, and guarantee your spot on skates, visit icerinknorwich.co.uk
The ice rink, made with real ice for an authentic skating experience, opens on Friday, December 16, until Sunday, January 8.
The rink will be open daily, except Christmas Day, from 10am, with last admissions at 8pm.