Norwich sheltered scheme residents get baking to support debut marathon runner
- Credit: Andy Newman
People living in a sheltered housing scheme in Norwich held a charity coffee morning to support a woman taking on her first London Marathon.
Marie Charles, whose mum Kathy Glanville lives at the Eleanor Road scheme run by Norwich Housing Society, asked if fellow residents would like to help her towards her £1,500 fundraising target for children's charity Children With Cancer.
With home-baked cakes, bacon butties, tea and coffee, and a children's toy stall, the coffee morning raised £178.
Mrs Charles, who is from Poringland and turns 44 this month, only took up running last August, in an effort to get fit and to find some 'me-time' away from looking after her five children.
She hopes to run the marathon in six hours.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to support Mrs Charles' fundraising effort can do so by donating at: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarieCharles2.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old