Norwich school pupils’ Eat Equilibrato sandwich wins Subway contest
- Credit: Archant
Students at a Norwich school have been named double winners in a competition challenging entrants to design a mouth-watering sandwich.
The teams from Norwich High School for Girls beat competition from schools and colleges around the region to be crowned winners in two categories of Subway's Design a Sub competition, winning the overall award and a second for Best Social Media Strategy.
Now in its ninth year, the challenge tasks schools to come up with their own design and marketing campaign for a six-inch sub or flatbread.
The team from the Norwich school designed a sub called Eat Equilibrato, consisting of rotisserie chicken, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, cheddar cheese and barbecue sauce on nine-grain wheat bread.
The winning team – Willow Thicks, Hannah Dye and Sophie Mann – has won £1,000 worth of Amazon vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
A second team won the Best Social Media Strategy prize for their Caesar Pleaser sub.
City of Norwich School students were named runners-up in the Design a Sub contest, with their offering, American Deli.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old