Don’t play down Norwich’s potential
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
There is often a tendency to downplay Norwich.
Not in terms of history, beauty or appeal - anyone who has spent much time in Norwich is well aware of how wonderful it is.
But even for those who love, and live in, our fine city, it's easy to view ourselves as the poor cousin of London and Manchester, for example, when it comes to industry.
Today, we've heard from our universities and MPs about why Norwich would be an excellent next home for Channel 4, which is set to leave its London base.
Norwich City Council has expressed an interest in playing home to the broadcaster.
You may also want to watch:
And why shouldn't we?
Our creative industries are booming, our digital firms thriving and our historic television ties still going strong.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Why not give us a chance?
We shouldn't underestimate our potential.