Norwich gym apologises after email filled with “disturbing content” sent to members
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich gym has apologised after an email filled with 'disturbing content' was sent out to its members.
The Gym, based on Little London Street, mistakenly distributed a expletive-filled text message conversation between two people.
The email was instead meant to contain details about an open week.
In a Facebook post, the company said: 'We're so sorry! You may have received an email with some disturbing content.
'Our image files have been corrupted, so please disregard and delete this email immediately.'
You may also want to watch:
The text messages sent in the email appear to be centred around a fight outside a nightclub, in which both parties exchange insults.
Gym member Keiran Cook, 20, who received the email, said it was titled 'You would be a plank to miss this'.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
'I just found it funny [and was] shocked,' he said. 'They're a national business and how can you make that mistake?
'The gym sends me a couple of emails a day so I rarely pay attention to them. But they sent me one a couple of days ago saying 'we're so sorry the last email you might have found some disturbing content' .
'So then I had to look at the previous email, and the subject title was 'you would be a plank to miss this' with that picture underneath.'
The Gym has been contacted for further comment.