Norwich Glitter Party to help raise funds for Norfolk man’s life-saving treatment
- Credit: Clare Wilson
A Norwich night club is hosting a quirky event to raise funds for a Norwich man's life-saving treatment.
Mantra on Prince of Wales Road is throwing a Glitter Party on Friday, August 11, which will double as a fundraiser for Norwich man, John Brazil.
Mr Brazil, 33, was diagnosed with colorectal cancer 22 months ago and his chemotherapy is soon ending.
The father-of-three recently had a consultation in Germany, where he received news that the Hallwang Oncology Clinic may be able to treat him.
John's partner, Clare Wilson said: 'We got such positive news that the clinic can help John to either put the cancer into remission or give him a longer quality of life with me and his three children.
You may also want to watch:
'We are desperate to get John there as soon possible as it's our last hope but we need to raise £200,000 to do it.'
For Mantra's event, the venue will be covered head to toe in glitter and feature performers and a glamour room with make-up artists providing guests with dazzling hair and makeup.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
Makeovers will cost £5, with all of the glamour room staff donating takings to John's campaign.
Mantra will also donate £200 to the cause.
For more information or to donate click here.