Norwich Glitter Party to help raise funds for Norfolk man’s life-saving treatment
- Credit: Clare Wilson
A Norwich night club is hosting a quirky event to raise funds for a Norwich man's life-saving treatment.
Mantra on Prince of Wales Road is throwing a Glitter Party on Friday, August 11, which will double as a fundraiser for Norwich man, John Brazil.
Mr Brazil, 33, was diagnosed with colorectal cancer 22 months ago and his chemotherapy is soon ending.
The father-of-three recently had a consultation in Germany, where he received news that the Hallwang Oncology Clinic may be able to treat him.
John's partner, Clare Wilson said: 'We got such positive news that the clinic can help John to either put the cancer into remission or give him a longer quality of life with me and his three children.
'We are desperate to get John there as soon possible as it's our last hope but we need to raise £200,000 to do it.'
For Mantra's event, the venue will be covered head to toe in glitter and feature performers and a glamour room with make-up artists providing guests with dazzling hair and makeup.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 8 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
Makeovers will cost £5, with all of the glamour room staff donating takings to John's campaign.
Mantra will also donate £200 to the cause.
For more information or to donate click here.